TheDreamersWorldTheDreamersWorld

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats 2 Fans

RC & Pib Intro 2 RC & Pib Intro 2

I'm glad you used my suggestions and I think it looks a lot more polished than the first one. I can't wait to see where you go with this! :)

willcamick responds:

Thanks for the suggestions. Im a bit limated to what I can do with the program I have so thats why I stick to a vary 1D plane but I thought what the heck, ill make 160 views of the characters. Mind you they would be smooth transitioning turns but with the magic of editing im sure I can hide that. =)

RC & PIC Intro RC & PIC Intro

Interesting start but I think it needs a bit more work. I liked the music and I thought some of the scenes fit well, but some parts didn't quite match up and there were some awkward pauses used to try and get it to match up, especially during the end scene where PIC holds out his hand for a super long time before RC decides to grab it. Maybe you could cut to like a shot of PIC and then RC blushing or something? I'd also like to see them in a few different poses - they were more or less just facing left or right except at the end where you see RC's back, so it felt a bit stiff. And for walking animations, characters tend to bounce up and down slightly while they're walking or running, they don't just glide along smoothly with only their arms or feet moving, so you might want to work on that a bit.

Anyways, it's your animation so you can do whatever you want, but make sure you're happy with it if you're doing an intro because it's going to be in every single one of your RC and PIC cartoons. (Btw is it RC and PIB or PIC? In your other cartoon you wrote PIB but in this one you wrote PIC). And just a side note on intros, sometimes they work best at the end, especially if the animation is short and the intro is long. Well whatever you do, it looks like it has promise, so I hope you have fun with it. I kind of feel invested in seeing them go to space now XD.

willcamick responds:

Its Pib. I messed up on the tittle lol and you make really good and helpful points =) Thank you.

Animation Final Animation Final

I love your animation style and I think the story was short but sweet. That being said, I would have given 4 stars if there had been some sort of audio, even if it was just background music, or even just sound effects like the teacher tapping her foot, the girl writing, etc. You can find some good sound effects on freesound.org if you're in need of them. Also I thought the plot was a bit confusing - I understood that the teacher says no to something and so the girl writes or draws something in revenge and the teacher is so exasperated she gives up, but it was unclear what exactly the teacher said no to and what exactly the girl was doing. If the plot had been a bit clearer and you'd added sound, I would have given this 5 stars for sure.

Other than that, I thought you did the animation, background, character design, and especially the facial expressions really well. Of course you can always improve with practice but this was really good - definitely a lot better than a lot of the other things I've seen people put up here over the years. Since it was your final project for school I'm sure you were a bit rushed trying to make it, but I hope you keep animating and at the very least for whatever project you do next, think: "What's the one thing I think I could improve on from last project?" and try to do that, even if it's something as simple as "add any kind of sound to my next video". I learned that tip actually for drawing but I think it can apply to anything; in art class I was told to take just one thing I was unhappy with in a drawing I made and try to make it better in my next drawing.

In summary, this is good -- but could be better -- and I like where you're going so keep it up!